Directories for EMS Professional Shareware's
CD-ROM libraries are dBASE
III+ compatible .DBF files (for easy use by, and conversion to,
any major DBMS, spreadsheet or word processor). Each database
includes the following fields: product name, ZIP file name (if
a freely distributable product that can be found in EMS's CD-ROM
and diskette libraries), diskette number (if the file is available
on EMS's diskette libraries), name of the producer, address, phone,
fax, BBS, Email, 800, etc. information for the producer, product
release date, product type, product description (254 characters),
and an optional memo field with additional information about the
product. If the product has a regular distribution point, such
as a primary FTP site, we'll also list this. For many directories,
all commercial products in the field are also included, to give
users "one stop shopping" for every product that might
meet their particular need.
Search programs (DOS and Windows) accompanying the database let
you search by product name, ZIP file name, release date, producer
name, product type, or free text search across all fields. Conversion
capabilities allow production of delimited and columnar ASCII
versions of the single "flat" database file, a variety
of reports and 15 common BBS file listing
formats. The DOS search program will also allow you to quickly
view the contents of any ZIP file, print DOC, README, or source
code files, copy files to a working directory or diskette, etc.
We can also produce custom formats, in HTML and Windows HLP formats,
for example, generally free of charge.
dASE III+ compatible .DBF file with the following structure:
- Field Name
- Type, Width, Description
- Characterm, 30, Name of the utility.
- Date, 8, Most recent release version of utility
- Character, 8, If not blank, then EMS has this file in its
- Numeric, 8, Size of the file in bytes when ZIPed.
- Numeric, 3, (Obsolete) Disk number of the diskette containing the program
in diskette versions of the library (if 0, then the program is
not in the library)
- Date, 8, The date the file or description was added to the
library and directory.
- Character, 30, Name of vendor or programmer of the utility.
- Character, 30, Address of vendor.
- Character, 30, Second line of address (if any)
- Character, 30, Third line of addreess (if any)
- Character, 20, Country name (if blank, U.S.A.)
- Character, 70, Phone numbers and E-Mail addresses for the
vendor. F=Fax, C=Compuserve, I=Internet, B=BBS, G=GEnie.
- Character, 58, Web or FTP address for producer/product
- Character, 1, Y=Validated, N=Invalidated, M=Moved (no forwarding
address), O=Out of business, blank=has not responded to
- Date, 8, Date the producer last contacted EMS, verifying their
- Character, 8, Current advertised list price of the utility.
SW means shareware. PD means public domain. CR means contribution
requested. If the vendor is currently offering a promotional price,
the "regular" price is not listed. Shipping and handling
charges vary according to method of shipment and locations of
purchaser and vendor, and are not included in the price listed.
- Character, 18, Type of the utility. Note that many products
fall under several different types.
- Character, 254, Short description of the product.
- Memo, Further description or vendor supplied advertisement.
Return to EMS's home page | EMS Professional Shareware | EMS Consulting Services
| EMS Publishing