We buy old software!
EMS Professional Software buys all kinds of old software for microcomputers. If you have something you might wish to sell, please email details (do not telephone!). The more details we have, the more competitive our quote can be. If you have many products, it may be best to check our interest before you spend too much time detailing your products.
- Version number - If you give us the file dates/times on just the first diskette or CD, and any product numbers or assembly numbers on the diskettes or CDs, we may be able to identify more valuable late ("silent") release versions. This applies to many Borland, WordPerfect, and Microsoft products.
- Condition - Original box and packaging materials? In original plastic shrinkwrap? Specify any materials that are still sealed. Forged copies of the more popular Microsoft products are common. Please check our forgery identification page before selling software.
- On original media? What type? (5.25", 3.5" CD-ROM, DVD, multiple formats)
- Original manuals?
- Additional books? (add-on, third party books or extended documentation not in the retail package)
- Registration materials?
- Registration card ready to mail (both US and international) - not required, but increases value
- Letter authorizing transfer of license to new owner - this is required for all purchases.
- Original invoice from first purchase - not required, but increases value
- License restrictions. With few exceptions, EMS does not buy or sell any software with license restrictions listed below:
- NFR (Not for Resale) - License may not be resold. Dealer demo, beta, and some prize copies, for example.
- Academic license - We do buy and sell these, but they are only licensed for use by students and schools (and some other organizations. We will only sell these to students or faculty who can present a scan or photo of their current school ID by email. As a result, the price we can pay is much lower than for non-academic products.
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) - Only licensed for sale with a new PC. This includes any materials with a hardware manufacturer's name on it. There are some exceptions for software produced in the 1980s and early 1990s. We can buy these only if they are dealer overstocks, still sealed.
- Subscription - Any CD extracted from a subscription series, where no license transfers. We will buy the original boxed Microsoft C++ subscriptions only if they are complete.
- MS Easy Fulfillment or MS WorldWide Fulfillment - Media provided to licensees by MS.
- MS Company Store - Software sold to Microsoft employees by Microsoft.
- Evaluation/demonstration/promotional. Also called "Not for Resale", "NFR", and "Dealer Demo"
- Any software for which the license cannot be transferred. Please read your license agreement carefully before offering any items to EMS. You may not be able to transfer software if you have used it as the basis for an upgrade to a later version of that or other software. Some software simply doesn't permit any license transfers. If whoever sold you your software failed to make the license transfer restrictions clear before you bought it, we recommend you demand a refund from the seller or a written license transfer authorization from the software producer.
- Any software produced by Novell®. We immediately trash anything with their name on it, including books about their products.
E-Mail us with the above details for a quote. All terms below are trademarks of their respective holders.
While we buy almost anything (at some price), we especially need programming and database software.
Aztec C80/ROM Version 1.06
Blaise Turbo Power Tools Plus V5.1
Blaise Turbo Async Plus V5.0
Blaise Computing, WIN++ C++ Class Library
Blaise Computing, C Asynch Manager version 4.0
Borland C++ 5.01
Borland dbase ver 5.6 and up full version
Borland dBASE IV Compiler
Borland dBRun for dBASE 3+
Borland Delphi 3 and later
Borland Paradox software
Borland Pascal software
Borland Power Pack for DOS
Borland Sidekick versions 97, 98, and 99
Borland Turbo Basic
Clipper (dBASE programming)
Clipper ProClip Library
Caldera WABI 2.2
Central Point Copy II PC Option Board
Claris Filemaker Pro
Concentric Data Systems, R&R Report Writer for Unix
Copia Int., AccSys for Paradox
COSMIC 68HC16C Cross Compiler/Assembler
Database Decisions, Periscope Debugger
Databiten, Multigraphics Pro
DataEase 4.53/5.0 Developer Disks
DBF Six Driver w Mach Six addon
We could go on, and on, and on, but this may give you some idea of the kind of material we especially want.
How to sell to us.
Old software we're currently selling
Return to EMS Professional Software's Home Page
All terms on this page are trademarks of their respective holders. EMS is not affiliated with the producers of any of these products nor with any other company.
Novell is a registered trademark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Sadly, their lawyers are destroying what was formerly a fine company. They are now simply the worst software company we've ever dealt with. We urge everyone to use great caution in any dealings with them. If your legal team hasn't carefully reviewed all license terms for liability, have them do it now! If you aren't certain you could easily survive a very rigorous audit, Novell's products aren't for you. Knowing what we do about them, EMS won't buy, sell, or support anything with Novell's name on it.